Monday 18 November 2013

The Man Of Centuries

Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar  - The Man of Centuries


“My only dream was to wear the Indian cap and the Indian colours. In that respect, my childhood dreams have come true……”
A man who repeated the history by bringing world cup home, ‘Sachin Tendulkar‘ the name needs no introduction. A living legend who has kept billion hearts ticking, hopes alive and made impossible turn possible. For some he may be the greatest batsman ever seen in the world of cricket, and for others he may be the God of Cricket, but for me he is more of a mentor who has taught me the real meaning of – hard work, perseverance, passion and motivation. A little master blaster who has scored more than 34,000 runs in a career spanning more than two decades, truly deserves to be called as an undisputed king of cricket.


My introduction with Sachin, or you may say cricket, started when I was in college. Living in a boy’s hostel, cricket was contagious that spread its wings faster than Rajdhani, and even I was not spared. I still remember the day when all the boys had gathered in the hostel living room, to watch the cricket match between India and Pakistan. Inspite of the fact, that the very next day we had our semester exam, but everyone seemed to be bothered about the century of Sachin, rather than the passing marks being a student. We watched Sachin play as he made India win the match swiftly, and that day I lost my heart to him forever.
In the course of my journey from just a college kid to a working professional, I have watched him very closely and seen him evolved with every match he has played. Whenever he comes on ground, the crowd goes mad, TV volume and TRP soar rocket high, and the expectations cross the set bar. He is the most non-controversial figure and his passion, motivation and love towards cricket is incomparable. His piousness towards cricket can be very much felt when he quoted “Cricket is something very, very special to me. It has never been about owning this or that car and the other things that come with this life. An obsession with money or worldly matters was always thumbed down.”
Thank you Sachin for making me love cricket – bat, ball, runs, score, fours, sixes and a lot more. You are and will always be considered as the greatest player to be born in the universe(It may seem a little exaggerated but its my personal opinion). India is so proud to have you and every Indian loves and admires you. After you 200th test match the cricket will be divided into – Sachin and After Sachin era.
For Tomorrow, when There Will be No Sachin To play,
With Nostalgia in our heart, We Will Miss Him Every Cricketing Day,
But After Years, There will Come Moments When We Can Proudly Say,
“I Was Alive when Sachin Used to Play”

No comments:

Post a Comment